People of all ages wish to have bright white teeth. But nowadays, having stained teeth isn’t uncommon. Be it due to improper dental care, heavy coffee/tea drinking, smoking, chewing betel leaves/tobacco, excessive alcohol consumption, inappropriate brushing habits, or even wear and tear due to age. But with help from the best cosmetic dental clinic and their professional teeth whitening treatments, the dream of a bright pearly white smile can become true!
What Is A Teeth Whitening Procedure?
Professional teeth whitening procedure is non-invasive. Teeth whitening procedures are aimed at lightening teeth colour and making them look whiter! Such treatments are the best way to whiten teeth without any risks!
A few decades ago, teeth whitening procedures were underdeveloped, and undergoing them was considered risky. Teeth whitening procedures came with side effects like severe sensitivity. But with the latest developments in the dental technology field, today modern-day professional teeth whitening not only removes stains but also doesn’t harm the teeth! They are surely the safest and best way to whiten teeth.
The Teeth Whitening Process
Screening – Our team of qualified dentists at Prodental Care would first do a thorough check-up to decide on the aptest kind of procedure to carry out to achieve the most effective whitening results. We would examine the gums and teeth to check for decayed teeth/ gum recession or any other abnormalities.
Pre-bleaching process – Before anyone goes in for a whitening procedure, at Prodental Care, the best cosmetic dentistry near me in Surat, our experts recommended them to undergo any corrective procedures they might need, like fixing of crooked/damaged teeth, etc. This ensures an even colour outcome at the end of the teeth whitening procedure!
The whitening procedure – A professional teeth whitening procedure is known as chairside bleaching. During this process, we use a guard to assist in keeping the patient’s mouth open. Then the best dentist for teeth whitening treatment first applies a rubber shield or protective gel on the patient’s gums. This protects the soft tissue of the gums from exposure to the whitening chemical. Then the bleaching agent is carefully applied to the teeth with a syringe. Post this to enhance the bleaching agent’s effect; it is flashed with specialized laser light. The process ends with the dentist removing the protective shield on the gums.
This process takes about 30-60 minutes and is painless.
Bleaching tray – A bleaching tray is used to bleach the entire arch. Teeth whitening services use a custom-made fabricated tray as per the size specifications of each patient. We at Prodental Care, the best dentist for teeth whitening treatment, load this tray with ‘carbamide peroxide gel’ and it takes 2 to 6 weeks to whiten moderately yellow or brown discolored teeth. With appropriate care, the effects of such bleaching can be seen for about a year, after which you can easily repeat the process!
Who Are Not Eligibility For Whitening Treatment?
Anyone and everyone can be a likely candidate for a whitening treatment, except the following people: –
- Pregnant or lactating women
- People below 16 years of age
- Anyone with pre-existing dental complications.
- People who have undergone tooth bonding or tooth fillings may not find results, as chemical whitening would not work on cosmetic teeth.
Does Teeth Whitening Procedure Have Any Side Effects?
Thanks to modern technology and advanced techniques, a whitening treatment is safe. Yes, one a feel minor effect like –
- Mild sensitivity on the consumption of cold / hot food,
- Mild sore throat/ gum irritation,
- In rare cases, a few white patches on gums.
But worry not, any such symptoms would subside within 2-3 days.
Why Opt For A Teeth Whitening Treatment?
White and bright set of teeth have the power to brighten your day. The following are pointers in favour of considering teeth whitening treatment and bid adieu to the yellowish tinge on your teeth-
1. With professionally done teeth whitening treatment done at a reputed aesthetic dental clinic like Prodental Care, you can achieve an attractive appearance. Milky white teeth can enhance the way you look. This would even boost your self-confidence.
2. A teeth whitening treatment at the cosmetic dental clinic is extremely affordable.
3. A teeth whitening process is safe and will not have any harmful side effects.
So, don’t wait any further! Contact Prodental Care, the best cosmetic dentistry near me in Surat for your teeth whitening process today. A flawless smile is the most beautiful accessory you can ever wear!
How To Take Care Of Teeth Post A Teeth Whitening Process
Once you have successfully undergone a whitening process, under a reputed dentist for teeth whitening, keeping in mind the following guidelines will ensure the effects of the procedure last long-
- Always brush your teeth with a dentist-recommended toothpaste. Using special toothpaste can help to maintain the PH balance inside your mouth. Using an unappropriated toothpaste could result in quick deterioration of the whitening process.
- Indulge in moderate consumption of foods that can cause stains. Foods like red wine, tea, coffee, beetroot can cause staining. And when you consume such foods, it is recommended you follow it up by gargling with water. This would ensure removing any leftover stain-causing food particles in the mouth.
- Teeth whitening is an on-going procedure. This means that its effects fade away with time. So, to ensure your teeth continue to look white, consult your dentist providing teeth whitening services in Surat for a retouch after 10 to 12 months.
Also, we at Prodental Care recommend a few other things that can make your whitening last longer. One of them is using a straw for drinking fluids whenever possible. This way the fluid is less likely to come in direct contact with the teeth, thus reducing the chances of teeth staining. Also, may seem a bit funny, but chewing gum also helps to retain the whitening as chewing generates saliva, which helps to keep the teeth white!
Why Opt For Teeth Whitened By A Professional?
The market today is flooded with many products available for teeth whitening at home that you can use and do it yourself. But we at Prodental Care strongly recommend you getting your teeth whitening under a qualified dentist’s oversight to prevent any kind of complications as the procedure involves dealing with chemicals and bleaching agents. Slight negligence could lead you to a lot of harm. We at Prodental Care ensure you get only the aptest teeth whitening solution based on your lifestyle, budget, desires, and oral health. Our procedure is completely safe and is the best way to whiten teeth.
So do not put yourself at risk by trying to do teeth whitening at home!